Friday, March 23, 2012

Emmett's Esophagus

This coming Tuesday, Emmett will have a swallow study and procedure performed to look at the quality and structure of his esophagus. Basically to see if we are moving in the right direction. I have had many kind and concerned reader's ask, "Will Emmett's esophagus ever be fully functional again?" The prognosis is unknown at this point, however Emmett's terrific surgeon says he is hopeful. Michael and I have come to love and trust Emmett's surgeon, so we are holding on to that hope! There are currently a few concerning area's of Emmett's esophagus that his team of physician's are keeping a close eye on. We are so thankful that Emmett has been home for 3 STRAIGHT MONTHS now. Woohoo!All of this time that Emmett is able to be home, he is becoming stronger and healthier. Thank you Father in Heaven. We will keep FIGHTING! Go Emmett, Go!

A special thank you to Kathy Scoffield at Kathy Scoffield Photography for helping to capture these special moments of Emmett.

1 comment:

  1. My family and I will continue to pray for you and your amazing family. I have followed your journey through Facebook each and every day and I have realized how dangerous button batteries can be. I have made it my goal to educate every member in my family and my life so that this does not happen to other people. God Bless you and yours.

    Sincerely,
    Shane

    ReplyDelete